? ??????????????Red? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (40 Ratings)??3802 Grabs Today. 27911 Total Grabs. ??????Prev
iew?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????????Emo Letter? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (64 Ratings)??3731 Grabs Today. 23662 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 10, 2011


With Valentine's Day approaching, I started thinking about what I should do for those I love. I thought that I should do something special for Frederick. I should get some candy for Grace (from her dad). I should buy Valentine's for the boys to hand out at co-op. Quickly I began to realize that most of the things I do, I do because I "should" do them. Even in my walk with God. So many times I find myself reading my Bible because I feel it is the right thing to do. Or heading out to church simply because it is Sunday. In other words I am acting out of obligation not love. This has been a very sobering revelation for me.

That leaves me asking myself, is it sinful to serve God purely out of duty without love or joy? Sadly, the answer is YES. Our actions are a pure reflection of the affection of our heart. God tells us in Deuteronomy chapter 6 that judgement fell on the people ‘because you did not serve the LORD your God with joyfulness and gladness of heart’.

With that on my mind and my heart I am seeking God's help in growing my affection for Jesus. I want to MOVE (there is that word again) to a closer relationship with my Savior. I want to worship in 'spirit and in truth' not duty and obligation.

0 comments: